Penggunaan There is dan There are

Perbedaan Penggunaan There is dan There are

Kita menggunakan There is dan There are untuk mengatakan bahwa sesuatu itu ada.

There is (ada) untuk menyatakan benda tunggal atau benda yang tidak bisa dihitung.

There is one person in my home.
There is an apple on the table.
There is one television in my room.
There is sugar in the kitchen. (benda tidak dapat dihitung)

There are (ada) untuk menyatakan benda jamak atau lebih dari satu.

There are four persons in my home.
There are five chairs in the classroom.
There are many people in the supermarket.

Kalimat Positive

There is a girl in the car.
There are two books in my bag.

Kalimat negative

Untuk membuat kalimat negative hanya tinggal menambahkan NOT setelahnya.

There is not a teacher in the teacher room.
There are not five chair in my home.

Kalimat tanya

Untuk kalimat tanya hanya tinggal di balik saja yaitu IS atau ARE-nya di depan.

Are there many people in the buas? - No, there are not
Is there a three in the garden? - Yes, there is.

How many

Untuk menanyakan jumlah suatu objek kita juga bisa menggunakan HOW MANY.

How many + Plural Noun + are there

How many persons are there in your home?
How many teachers are there in your class?

Singkatan

There is bisa disingkat menjadi There's.
There are tidak bisa disingkat, jadi tetap there are.

There's only one girl in my heart.
There's a good friend in my class.
There are many pens in my bag.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts